by Beth Burns, M.S., CCC-SLP, Lead Speech Language Pathologist
The NC House and Senate announced Monday afternoon that they have developed a compromise budget. Both sides will vote this week and send to the governor. Because the House and Senate have veto-proof majorities, this budget will in all likelihood become reality.
The charts attached are the state salary schedules for Bachelor’s level teachers. Local supplements are not included. For speech-language pathologists and audiologists to calculate their new salaries:
- Add 5 to the years of experience shown (0=5, 5=10, 10=15, 15=20, 20=25)
- Add 7.5% to the top salary if you have 25+ years of experience
- Add 10% for your Master’s Degree
- Add $126 if you have an Advanced Degree
- Add another $126 if you have a PhD
- Add local supplement (differs in every school district)
The calculation is a monthly salary. Multiply by 10 if you are a 10-month employee.
There is some language regarding yearly bonuses for teachers (we assume SLPs and audiologists) with over 25 years of experience.